Girls golf season ends at sectionals

Skylier Beachy, Sports Reporter

The Lady Pioneers golf team was originally scheduled to play on Thursday, September 29 but was postponed due to rain. They then were scheduled to play the following day but only got to play three holes because of the difficult weather. The girls eventually finished their match on Monday, October 3.

The girls shot a total of 426 as a team.  They were led by senior Emily York with a score of 99. The next best score was senior Sarah Gentil with a total of 105. The third lowest score was sophomore Abby Doza with a total of 108. Finishing out the team was junior Madison McMillin with a final score of 138.

The top three teams moved on, and the Lady Pioneers finished in fourth place. The first place team was Fairbanks with a score of 358. The second place team was Lakewood with a score of 401 and the third place team was North Union with a score of 311. The Jonathan Alder girls golf team did beat Worthington Christian, Bishop Ready, Buckeye Valley and Madison Plains.

Team captain York had high praise for her golf team this year. York had this to say about her team as well as how the year went, “We had a great season as a team, and it was so much fun! I think the three of us seniors are going to miss it very much!”