Boys bowling starts the 2017 season strong

Alexa Hasting, Sports Reporter

The Jonathan Alder boys bowling team has kicked off the 2017 season with a bang. The varsity team consists of freshman Jake Schrock, sophomore Andrew Clark, juniors Josh Schrock and Zach Otto, and seniors Brandon Nichols and Nathan Sullivan. The varsity team is 8-1 overall, 5-1 in the MOAC. Their only loss was against league rival, Buckeye Valley.

On Wednesday, January 11 the boys won a non-league match against Cardington at Morrow Lanes. The team was led by seniors Nathan Sullivan, Brandon Nichols, and junior Zach Otto. Otto has the highest average on the team with 193, and was listed as first team all-MOAC last bowling season. Senior Nathan Sullivan is averaging 185. According to coach Rusty Walter, “The team is improving each week and looking to be the hard team to beat in the upcoming MOAC, sectional, and district tournament.”

The junior varsity boys bowling team consists of freshmen Luke Hoingford and Trenton Parks, sophomore Alex Huggins, and junior Darren Maynard. “Luke Hoingford and Alex Huggins are the most improved bowlers on the JV team and will be valuable backups down the final weeks going into the league, sectional, and district tournaments,” says coach Walter.