Pioneers bounce back after early season L’s

Matthew Seimer, Editor-in-Chief

The Jonathan Alder boy’s basketball team has gone on a roll, winning four straight and eight of their last ten.

The team sits at a record of 11 wins and 5 losses, with a record of 5 and 3 in the MOAC. The team has been lifted by great play from the Koenig brothers. The duo, consisting of Andrew, a senior, and Jacob, a sophomore, has been the driving force of the team’s recent success, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Junior Cam Androw has been tasked with shutting down the opponent’s best scorer while gritty defense from senior five-man and rebounding machine Colton Swick has raised the Pioneers’ defense to great levels, keeping opposing teams under 50 points all season in all but one game.

Andrew had a career highlight on January 3, when he scored his 1000th career varsity point against Springfield Shawnee, who is a member of the Central Buckeye Conference, the league that Alder will become a member of next year. The Pioneers future in the CBC looks promising as they also took down an impressive Bellefontaine team, who is undefeated in the conference this year.

The Pioneers are focused on their own current conference title race, however. Their five and three in-conference record sets them in second place, only behind the Presidents of Marion Harding High School, a team that has fallen twice to the Pioneers this year.