Rumer receives student spotlight

Rumer smiles for the camera

Rumer smiles for the camera

Chloe Grove, Assistant Editor

Junior Sadie Rumer was chosen as “The Pioneer Press’s” second student spotlight for the month of October. As Rumer approaches her last years of high school, she remains a majorette for the Jonathan Alder High School marching band.

This is her second year twirling for the Pioneers, and she continues to enjoy it. When asked what her favorite part of twirling is Rumer replied, “Performing during halftime of the Jonathan Alder football games is my favorite part of twirling.” She has twirled ever since she was in fifth grade. In her free time she enjoys running, hanging out with her friends and family, and shopping.

Rumer is currently enrolled in a rigorous course load that includes Honors Chemistry, Spanish III, Pre-Calculus, A.P. Language and Composition, POD, Honors Anatomy and Physiology. When asked if it is hard to manage her challenging class schedule, she replied, “Yes, it is hard to stay on top of all of the work but it is also fun to feel challenged.” Rumer plans to attend college after high school to pursue a degree in education and missionary work. At this time she does not know where she wishes to attend college.

Rumer’s closest friends consist of juniors Cassidy Beachy, Belle Schaefer, Shelby Cornelius, Chloe Grove, Sydney Gower, Haley Wagner, and Mackenzie Heimlich. Rumer is known by her friends to be an honest and hardworking person. “Sadie is a kind person that is nice to everyone, she is also very helpful and I know I can always come to her for advice,” said Gower.

“I know that I can always rely on Sadie; she is a great friend and I don’t know what I would do without her!” replied Beachy. All around, Rumer is known to be a great person and someone you should get to know.