Is homework worth doing?

Skylier Beachy, Sports Reporter

Dear Editor,   

A question that students may ask themselves when a teacher gives them homework is, “Why do we have homework? We already learned all of this in class.” Students debate with themselves if doing a homework assignment is even worth the time.

Homework, to me, is very favorable and necessary for me to learn subjects or chapters that we’ve gone over in class. In class, we go over a certain subject, but a lot of the time I don’t fully perceive the subject that we are trying to learn. Then I get assigned homework, and when I do the homework, I feel like I understand the subject more in depth. That way when the test or quiz comes around, I don’t have trouble answering questions because I already did the questions on the homework assignment.

I feel that  when a student does his or her homework independently, it makes his or her school life much easier. I believe it makes you less stressed out when it is time to take your test or quiz. When you do homework, it also makes it so that you actually remember the chapters you reviewed when exams come. Especially since exams occur about three to four months subsequent to learning the chapter.

My point is, doing your homework is only going to benefit you in the long run. Not only is it important to do because it will increase your knowledge, but doing your homework often  (not all the time) will benefit you in class. If doing homework was not beneficial your teacher would most likely not give you any.

Sincerely,

Skylier Beachy