Spanish students prepare for Spain trip

Kaylie McDonald, Tech Editor

Students of Jonathan Alder High School with at least two years of Spanish have the opportunity to travel to Spain this summer, June 2016. Spanish teacher Lindsay  Dollinger will be chaperoning the trip, along with her sister. The dates for the trip this year are June 19 through June 30. During the trip, the students will be visiting many cities within the Northern part of Spain. For example, those attending will visit Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Burgos, Bilbao, San Sebastián, Pamplona, Barcelona and Figueres and possibly more.

This trip has many exciting opportunities to offer, for example being in a different country and being able to experience many other cultures. As well as, a good opportunity to enhance your speaking skills and Spanish knowledge. Jonathan Alder alumni Taylor Gentil went to Spain with Dollinger two years ago and when asked Taylor Gentil said, “It was honestly amazing to see how different it is over there and to experience a new culture. It will totally be a lifelong experience because it was my first time in Europe and being away from home that long. I also got to experience it with some of my best friends.”

Jonathan Alder alumni Casey Pollock also went on this trip two years ago and gave “The Pioneer Press”  some insight on what traveling abroad is like. Pollock stated , “Traveling abroad in high school was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It opened my eyes to the rest of the world. Without a doubt, going to Spain will always be a highlight I remember from high school. There’s no way to describe what it feels like to be on your own in a foreign country without your parents there to look for you until you go out and do it. It’s such a liberating and amazing feeling.”

The 2016 Spain Trip will be a great trip and could potentially change one’s life.