Student Council selects leaders for 2016 school year

Matthew Seimer, Editor-in-Chief

As Jonathan Alder teachers Leslie Russell and Megan Toddy wrap up their first year as student council advisors, they have already begun to prepare for their second year. For almost two months now the student council has made plans concerning their biggest project, homecoming. Along with choosing a theme and decorations, the student council and their advisors have begun to set a date.

While much of their workload comes in the fall due to homecoming, the council contributes to the school and community all year. After homecoming, the council also leads several fundraisers for organizations like the Stephanie Spielman Foundation and Pennies for Patients. The council plans to extend their helpful hand to even more areas next year.

Along with planning for homecoming early, the advisors have already selected their student leaders of the council for next school year. Students wishing to obtain a leadership position were to fill out a multiple page application and receive three teacher recommendations. After the qualified applications were turned in, Russell and Toddy decided as a pair which students would fill the executive board of the council.

The new executive will have representatives from the current junior and sophomore classes. The juniors on the board will be Matthew Seimer as president, Cassady Troyer as secretary and Isabel Rodela as public relations manager. The sophomore representatives will be Olivia Moore as vice president and Peyton Mast as treasurer.