Socktober protects Plain City from fall weather

The+class+in+the+lead+of+the+Socktober+challenge+is+Mrs.+Danners+7th+period+class%21+

The class in the lead of the Socktober challenge is Mrs. Danner’s 7th period class!

Megan Gordin, Editor-in-Chief

As the weather starts to get colder, people begin to bring out their winter wardrobes along with their cold weather outerwear. Many people, including some in the Alder community, may not have warm clothes available to wear as the season changes. Inspired by Kid President,  The Student Council decided to switch up their annual community service project so that its proceeds directly benefit the residents of Plain City. The goal of Socktober is to urge students to bring in outerwear necessities needed to bare the cold weather that Plain City often endures.

Ms. Russell, a co-advisor of Student Council said, “The idea for Socktober came from our student council executive board. We wanted to replace Pennies for Patients with something that impacts our community, so Isabel Rodela brought the idea of Socktober and the Kid President video students viewed in their first-period class.”

Instead of being unsure of who specifically their donations would help, students now know that what they are able to give will directly impact those in Plain City. All donations will be given to Daily Needs Assistance, better known as D. N. A. Russell adds: “Socktober is a good thing for Alder students to participate in, because it is a good way to help our own community.”

Students can participate now through October 31 by donating socks and other warm weather apparel items, including gloves, scarves, coats and hats during their seventh-period class.