Gunman on campus leaves Cincinnati students in fear

School+News+Reporter%2C+Riley+Gruenbaum+reps+the+University+of+Cincinnati%2C+the+college+she+plans+on+attending%21+

submitted

School News Reporter, Riley Gruenbaum reps the University of Cincinnati, the college she plans on attending!

Riley Gruenbaum, School News Editor

As a student going to the University of Cincinnati, I feel the need to stay in the loop with the current events happening at the University.

Early October, a gunman fired shots at the University, and police have been on the hunt for him ever since. Marijuana is suspected to be a main incentive for the shooter to release fire, but these facts are not yet proven.

As a student going planning to attend the University of Cincinnati, I feel personally offended by this man and his actions. This man put all of the students on campus in danger and started an overall campus panic. Not only does this bring up safety issues, it reveals that drugs are available on campus.

Although the crime rate at the University has gone down throughout the past 10 years, more action needs to take place in order to ensure the students’ safety.

UC public safety officials said their response was standard operating procedure for a threat of that type on campus. Police surrounded the campus while K-9 units were sent in to look for the subject. No additional students were allowed onto the campus if they were not already there before the shooting occurred.

As a future Bearcat, I can only hope that this stands for an example to all of the students on campus. The immediate reaction of the campus police should prove how much their safety is accounted for. Although these types of situations cannot completely be avoided on campuses, UC public safety officials will do anything in power to create a safe environment for the students at the University of Cincinnati.