Advice for Underclassmen

Riley Gruenbaum '17, School News Editor

As I begin to prepare for my last days at Jonathan Alder, I am catching myself looking back on the memories that I have made here, and I smile.

During almost all four years of my high school career, I have looked forward to the next chapter in my life with impatience and excitement. And I should be excited about where my life will take me next, but, with this being said, I wish I could go back to freshman year with Mrs. Marshall and start all over again.

I wished my life away. Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy my four years here, and I look back on all of the memories and smile, but I didn’t truly take advantage of my time here. So, I would like to leave underclassmen with a piece of advice.

Stop wishing your life away.

Enjoy your classes and the people that you spend them with. Take in Doc’s life advice and laugh at Mr. Swinehart’s and Mr. Carpenter’s jokes although they’re only funny because of the fact that they’re not.

Here I am, now a senior in high school, and I can’t believe how fast these four years have flown by. People told me that the four years of high school are some of the fastest in your life. I never believed them until now. Now that I am reaching the end of such an important chapter in my life.

Stop wishing your life away.