Lacrosse still looking for a W on the season

Austin Fooce, Sports Reporter

The Jonathan Alder lacrosse team continued their season on Saturday, April 29 with a game against Johnstown Monroe.

Hoping to defeat the Johnnies on the Johnnies’ home field, the Alder lacrosse team came to the game ready to put up a fight. The game began with only one goal scored against Alder in the first quarter. By the beginning of the fourth quarter, the Pioneers were down 7-1. “We had a bad start to the game,” said senior Casey Yutzy. “If the other team didn’t score most of their points in the second quarter, I think we could have had a really good chance to win.”

As the game continued, the gap between the scores of the two teams began to shrink. With 4 minutes left in the fourth and final quarter, the Pioneers were down only 7-5.

Alder couldn’t grab the win as the final score was 8-6 with the Johnnies on top.“Although it’s frustrating to lose, we need to keep working towards our goals, and get a win on the season,” said sophomore Sean Donovan.The Pioneers now have a record of 0-10, but their high hopes of getting a win have not ceased.

“I have a good feeling about the game this upcoming Wednesday,” said Yutzy. “I think that if we play the way that we ended our game on Saturday, we will have a good chance to win.”

Alder lacrosse will continue their season on Wednesday, May 3 with an away game against Westerville South.