Alder runs at final MOAC meet

Gavin Frick, Editor in Chief

On Thursday, the Jonathan Alder team traveled to Marion Pleasant to run in its last ever MOAC track meet. Although, the teams didn’t place very well, there was plenty of individual success throughout the program.

The first finals race was won by Jonathan Alder. The 4×800 m team made up of junior Lexi Thorpe, sophomore Ashlyn McDaniel, freshman Sydney Bourquin, and sophomore Maddy Killian ran to a 21 second victory without their anchor, senior Aziza Ayoub. Junior Lexi Thorpe set the tone early in the race and ran a 2:24 1st leg.

Ayoub had impressive performances on Thursday including a 400 m, 800 m, and a 25 meter comeback in the 4×400 m. The 4×400 m team also consisted of juniors Lexi Thorpe and Emily Davis and sophomore Maddy Killian. McDaniel placed 2nd in the 3200 m.

Junior Jase Headings ran one of the most impressive races in program history last night, not only breaking his own school record, but running to a state best 800 m. Headings ran 1:56.08 which now puts him in first place in the Ohio Division II 800 m rankings.

The boys 4×400 m team placed 2nd place. The team consisted of senior Joey Holloway, sophomores Devin Damron and Clayton Boggs, and junior Jase Headings.

Jonathan Alder walked away with 6 first team runners. Junior Lexi Thorpe, Freshman Sydney Bourquin, sophomore Ashlyn McDaniel, junior Jase Headings, sophomore Maddy Killian, and senior Aziza Ayoub.
The track team looks to advance as many individuals as possible at district meet next Saturday.