Track is off and running

Gavin Frick, Editor in Chief

Last week, the Jonathan Alder Boys and Girls teams ran in two meets, scoring well in both.

On Monday the 9th, the team traveled to Hilliard Darby to race against three of the best Division 1 programs in the state, including Delaware Hayes, Gahanna Lincoln, and Hilliard Darby. Despite being a Division 2 Track program, Jonathan Alder held their own against Ohio’s best.

On Friday the 13th, Jonathan Alder visited North Union and took on multiple Division 2 and 3 programs.

On the distance side, senior Jase Headings won the open 800m and anchored the 4x800m relay to victories in both meets. Headings also anchored the 4x200m and 4x400m team to victories at the North Union Virg Rankin Invitational.

In the 1600m, sophomore Luke Malone won at both meets. In addition, Malone placed 1st in the Darby 3200m race. Sophomore Gavin Frick placed 2nd in the 1600m and 3200m at the Darby meet. Frick also won the 3200m at North Union. Both runners also ran on the 4x800m team.

Senior Lexi Thorpe and junior Maddy Killian both had impressive meets. Thorpe and Killian both were a part in the 4x800m, which won at both meets. In addition, the two raced in the 4x400m at North Union and won. At North Union, Thorpe and Killian placed 1st and 2nd, respectively.

Freshmen Maddie Davis and Morgan Hicks both had impressive performances over the week. Davis raced towards a 1600m victory at North Union and placed 2nd at Darby. Hicks raced towards a 3200m victory at North Union and placed 2nd at Darby, as well. Both runners also ran on the 4x800m team.

Junior Clayton Boggs won the 300m Hurdles at North Union. Sophomore Daniel Heinig won the shot put at North Union. Donna Seminishin won the High Jump at North Union and placed 2nd at Darby.

The Track team races at Marysville on Tuesday and Grandview on Friday.