Spirit Week

Spirit Week

Sydney Biehle, Staff writer

Homecoming is approaching and it’s time to get into spirit. Jonathan Alder is having having spirit week!  Each day from September 24th to the 28th will have a theme. The themes are as follows:

Monday we have flannel day, where everybody dresses up in their best flannel.

Tuesday is college jersey day, where you can represent your favorite college sports team by wearing a jersey.

On Wednesday, we will have color wars between the grades. Freshman wear purple, sophomores wear green, juniors wear blue, and the seniors will wear red.

Thursday is Hawaiian shirt day, where everybody gets to rock their tourist looks with some Hawaiian shirts!

Of course,  Friday is the Black Out, when everybody will wear black.

Both the High School and the Junior High are participating in Spirit Week. Mrs. Russell, the Student Council Advisor, says, “The Junior High…is doing a version, they took the high school spirit week and I think they changed 1 or 2 days.”

Although the Junior High is not doing the exact themes as the High School, they will be  similar. The Junior High spirit week will consist of flannel day, college day, color wars (7th graders will wear red and the 8th graders will wear blue!), pajama day, and a black out.

On Wednesday, the Homecoming Parade and Bonfire will take place starting at Pastime Park and ends at the football field.  Festivities will wrap up with Homecoming on Saturday, September 29th.