The Quick Minds of Quick Recall

Jonathan Alder High School offers many extracurricular activities to students, one of which is the Quick Recall team advised by Doc Lorson.

According to the Clubs and Class Information page on the Jonathan Alder website, “Quick Recall is a team of students who match wits with students from other schools on a variety of topics such as history, science, math, English, music, sports, general knowledge, and current events.”

The team meets every Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. in Doc Lorson’s room.

The team’s ultimate goal is to win the league tournament. The website states “We play eight weekly matches that consist of three rounds, each 12 minutes long. The questions asked of each team are new to each team and each question has a specific point value. Students are typically given 5 seconds to arrive at an answer and 12 seconds for a math question. There is also a 12 team tournament at the end of the season against all teams in our league.”

Senior Hayden Fry is a two year member who decided to join quick recall because he found it entertaining. “Trivia is fun,” said Fry. “I also got two varsity letters.”

Senior Clair Grywalski joined because of her brother. “My brother Ben was in it and dragged me there (as he was my ride to school). It was really neat to hear all these interesting facts, so I decided to stay,” said Grywalski said.

Grywalski said next year she will miss her team and the trivia.

Quick Recall celebrated their senior night on Wednesday January 9th.