The Magic of Wish Week 2019

Nicole Mendez, Business Manager/Staff Writer

Student council will be holding Wish Week February 4th through the 8th.

Wish Week is a way for student council to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The goal of the nonprofit organization is to arrange experiences called “wishes” for children with critical illnesses.

“We do a lot of cool things throughout the week like spirit week, a raffle, coin drive, etc,” said president of student council, Bailey Baird.

On Tuesday, students will be able to buy carnations and a note card to give to a friend, boyfriend, or girlfriend. Each flower will be sold for $1. The carnations will be delivered during 2nd period on Valentine’s Day.

Wednesday’s fundraiser will be a coin drive to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation during 2nd period.

A raffle will take place on Thursday during  each lunch period for $25 gift cards to Chipotle, Amazon, and Cane’s.

“You can enter as many times as you want during your lunch period, and each period will have one of each gift card,” said Baird. Tickets will be sold at $1 for one ticket or $5 for six tickets.

On Friday night, there will be a half court shooting contest during halftime at the varsity boys basketball game, which starts at 7:30pm. The first two people to make a shot will win a $10 Chipotle gift card. The contest is $2 to enter.

Wish week also doubles as a spirit week:

• Monday: Groutfit
  • Tuesday: Crazy Sock Day
  • Wednesday: Blue and White (Make-A-Wish colors)
  • Thursday: College/Jersey
  • Friday: Flannel Friday

“We hope everyone will participate and help us support the Make-A-Wish Foundation,” said Baird.