JAHS Plans for Prom 2022

Megan Krummrey, Staff Writer, Editor

As we enter the spring season, so comes the time for spring sports, the musical, and of course, prom. This year, prom will be held on Saturday April 23rd, 2022 at the Columbus Zoo. Tickets are available for purchase from Monday, March 7 to Friday, March 18, and will cost $65 each. 

Students are allowed to go to the zoo up to two hours before prom to enjoy the zoo free of charge. The doors will open at 6pm, dinner will be served at 6:30, and dancing will begin at 7:30. Prom will go until 11pm, and any students who leave the dance before 9pm will have their parents notified. Admission after 9pm will not be permitted. 

The requirement for attendees is current Jonathan Alder High School juniors and seniors. They are allowed to invite guests from other grades, high schools, and alumni or other guests under the age of 21. All students will be required to sign a rules sheet prior to purchasing a ticket, and must pick up a form for any guests to fill out that are not current JAHS students. This year’s prom committee are the junior class officers: President Jackson McCoy, Vice President Emma Hicks, Secretary Maggie Matessa, and Treasurer Emma Kennedy. The junior class teacher representatives are Stephanie Tinberg and Laine Schrewe. 

Last year, in the midst of COVID-19, Jonathan Alder still managed to host a prom. However, there were various limitations like a mask mandate, social distancing requirements, and more. This year however, if everything goes as planned, there should be no COVID limitations on the contact and attire of prom. 

“Prom last year was not fun. The COVID restrictions just made everything a lot more complicated, and it put a damper on everyone’s night,” Schrewe says. “I’m incredibly excited to have hopefully a completely normal prom, and just give everyone that authentic prom experience.”