Macie Lane

Senior night: Alder cheer

JAHS cheer had their senior night last Friday The girls are out on the field every Friday night cheering on our football team. There is lots of leadership this season with there being five seniors who were all recognized for their hard work and dedication to Alder cheer. You can catch the girls again at their last regular season game next Friday, October 21st and on Saturday, November 19th for the competition season where they will compete against other Division II schools for a championship title.

Miabella Lopresti
Miabella started cheering her junior year and has been on varsity for 2 years. Miabella’s favorite memory from cheer was when Mrs Devine stepped in as the cheer coach for our final game. The person who has influenced her the most was Mrs. Puckett because she brightened every day. Miabella’s favorite teacher was Mr. Swineheart because he made terrible jokes that somehow still made everyone laugh. Her plans after high school are to attend a 4 year university. Miabella is the daughter of Thomas and Cindy Lopresti.

Cierra Russell
Cierra has been a cheerleader for 6 years. She has been on varsity for three years and received a Special Mention at the CBC Cheer Competition. Cierra’s favorite memories from cheerleading are from the team dinners before football Friday nights. In her time at Jonathan Alder, she was most influenced by her teammates and coaches. They helped push her out of her comfort zone and grow as both an athlete and a person. After high school, Cierra plans to attend college for nursing, like her mother. Cierra is the daughter of Scott and Cathy Russell.

CBC Special Mention-Junior Year (2021)

Therese Sloth
Therese has never been on a cheer team before, but has done acrobatics when at home in Denmark. Therese has been influenced by Cierra and Maggie, as they were the first people she talked to and they really brought her into the cheer family! They were so helpful and gave her the best start at JAHS. Therese’s favorite teacher is Mr. Deeken because he is so helpful. After this year, Therese will return to Denmark to finish high school. Therese is the daughter of Veronica and Eric Poehler.

Maggie Storts
Maggie has cheered for seven years. She has won the UCA All-American title, has two varsity letters, received Most Spirited, and the Pioneer Award twice. She has also received letters in Quick Recall and Quiz bowl and was awarded the Individual Highest Team Scorer from the CBC. Maggie’s favorite memories from cheer were making many arts and crafts projects with Cierra, including their awesome spirit stick, as well as the drives with her to and from school on Football Friday Nights blasting their favorite songs the whole way. Maggie has loved her time at JA because of the connections she has made with her teachers, fellow students and community members. She most admires her parents and their dedication to aiding in her success. Maggie’s favorite classes were Physics with Doc, Journalism with Mrs. Marling, and AP Literature with Miss Tinberg. Maggie’s plans after high school are to attend college and study business, fashion and English. Maggie is the daughter of Mark and Jennie Storts.

Grace Walker
This is Grace’s second year cheering and she has received one varsity letter. Her favorite memory is cheering with her sister Gabbie. After high school, Grace plans to compete in gymnastics at the collegiate level. Grace is the daughter of Maggie and Jason Walker.

The Pioneer Press • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

The Pioneer Press intends our comment area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Pioneer Press requires a valid email address and actual name to post a comment. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments--you need to verify your email address in order for comments to be approved. Know that all comments are fully accessible to the public. If the healthy, thought-provoking discussion that we aim for is not being achieved on a particular story, we will stop approving comments/turn off comments for that story.
All The Pioneer Press Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *