Alder students prepare to ‘break a leg’ on stage

Kayla Fredendall, Photographer

When the fall season arrives, students from Jonathan Alder High School begin prepping and rehearsing their lines for the school’s fall play.  The comedy “Arsenic and Old Lace” by Joseph Kesselring will be performed November 20 through the 23 at Jonathan Alder High School.

The cast of the play have been working together for years.  This year a big, new change has occurred…a new director!  English teacher and  play director Stephanie Tinberg explains her feelings about working with the students of Jonathan Alder, “These students are fabulous. I can’t say enough about them. They are truly kind and talented individuals, and it is an honor to work with them!  They are passionate, kind, and not afraid of taking risks. They are supportive of one another, no matter what happens in rehearsal, which allows us to be more creative and dive deeper into the text.”

The cast and crew of Jonathan Alder’s fall play can’t wait to perform for their audience.  Tinberg stated, “I know it will be good! It is a fun show, and we have incredibly talented students.”  With time ticking down, the fall play’s crew are working extremely hard to be ready for their opening night.  Tinberg’s final words about the play were, “I am looking forward to seeing what the students create and how it will all come together!”