JAHS Sophomore class to host a Color Run

Riley Gruenbaum '17, School News Editor

Jonathan Alder’s Sophomore class will be hosting a 5k Color Run on April 1 at Pastime Park to raise awareness for healthy living and to raise money for the class of 2019. Check in will begin at 8 AM and the run will begin at 9 AM.

Anyone is welcome to register for the run, and the cost is $25 for adults and $20 for students. Registrants receive a t-shirt, color packet, and race bib.  Anyone is able to register at jahs2019.eventbrite.com or with a form found outside Mrs. Russell’s room(209), but the deadline to register is March 17. Participants will be accepted after this date, but they will not receive a shirt, color packet, or race bib. A limit of 1700 people will be accepted to run this 5k.

Sandy Moser, President of the Sophomore class said, “This event is exciting, because it’s a fun experience rather than a material object that we could sell. I think we’ll have a good turnout, and it’ll be a good time for the people participating in the run.”

Extra color packets will be available for $4 on the day of the race for any participants that would like to have more than one.

“The fun part about a color run is the color splash zones where participants will be doused in color. At the end of the 5k there is a final color toss celebration where participants throw their color packets up to get even more colorful,” said Mrs. Russell, Sophomore Class Advisor.