Alder welcomes French students

Megan Gordin, Editor-in-Chief

On March 29, a group of French exchange students arrived in Plain City to spend two weeks exploring Ohio. Each student will live with a different Alder family for the duration of their stay. In addition to attending classes at JAHS with their host, the French students will also take field trips to popular Ohio attractions, such as the Ohio Statehouse, COSI, and the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum.

Junior McKenna Huff and her family are hosting Vinciane, a sophomore at her school in France. She loves to dance and go horseback riding and is eager to visit Hocking Hills with Huff and her friends. “We get along really well. She’s really outgoing and funny,” Huff adds. She also mentions that she has loved hosting Vinciane, and that they have had a great time so far.

Another host, sophomore Erinn Jackson, also enjoys her experience getting to know French student Irène. She is also a sophomore at her French school, which is about an hour from Paris. She loves nature, so they also plan on going to Hocking Hills. “At first it was a little difficult talking to each other, but it has gotten much better,” Jackson admits. She also adds a funny request from Irène’s friends: “The one thing her friends from home wanted her to do was take pictures of our lockers because they don’t have them at their schools in France.” Irène is most excited to visit Victoria’s Secret since she has never been to the only store in France.

All of the French students will be here until Wednesday, April 12 seeing what Ohio has to offer with their hosts.