Indoor Track kicks off season at Otterbein

Gavin Frick, Editor in Chief

On January 6, the Jonathan Alder Indoor Track team ran in its first official race as a club at the Otterbein Early Bird meet.

The team was looking to do well very early in the season.

On the boys side, the day started with a bang as senior Jase Headings led the 4x800m team to an 8 second victory, finishing with an impressive 8:55.44 to begin the season.

Headings also raced to a victory in the 800m, running to a 2:02.95.

Sophomores Luke Malone, Gavin Frick, and Zach Hicks also ran on the winning 4x800m team.

Malone raced to a 5th place finish in the 3200m, running in a 10:25. Frick soon followed, running a 10:42. In the 1600m, Hicks placed 13th.

Sophomore Michael Gray ran in the 1600m and 3200m, racing to an 11th and 12th place finish, respectively. Freshman Caleb Freyhof raced to a 2:31 in the open 800m.

On the girls side, freshman Morgan Hicks raced to a 5:40 in the 1600m, placing 8th. Freshman Maddie Davis and junior Ashlyn McDaniel followed, placing 13th and 19th, respectively.

The 4x800m team raced to a 3rd place finish, led by senior Lexi Thorpe. Thorpe also ran in the 800m, placing 10th. Junior Maddy Killian joined Thorpe in both races and placed 15th in the 800m.

Sophomore Emily Walker finished 21st, running to an impressive 8:47 in her first race. Sophomore Donna Seminishin placed 13th in the high jump and 20th in the long jump.

The team runs next at the Ohio State High School Indoor Meet at French Field House on January 20th.