The Debut of The Bands

Katie Grigsby, School News Editor

The newly-split Jonathan Alder High School bands will make their concert debuts on Tuesday, February 27 in the auditorium of the high school. The concert starts at 7pm sharp.
    2018 is the first year the high school has had more than one concert band and director Justin Hennig leads both of the ensembles. Due to the overwhelming number of people in the high school band program, it was determined that dividing the group into two was the best way to assure every member improved their musical prowess.

Both bands have been practicing their music for months and are excited for their first performance! On the night of the concert, Symphonic Band will perform their music first, with a brief transition period before the Wind Symphony’s debut takes place.
    The families of sophomores and seniors in the band are asked to bring two dozen cookies, while freshman and juniors are asked to bring a few canned goods for the Plain City Food Pantry. The cookies will be available to everyone for eating after the concert’s completion free of charge! During intermission, the seniors of both Wind Symphony and Symphonic Band will be “passing the hat” to collect donations that directly benefit Jonathan Alder’s band program.  
    All members of the community are encouraged to come out and see the bands perform, as there is no admission fee and everyone is welcome!