• The Pioneer Press is now on Twitter and Instagram! Follow us @JAHS_News!

The Pioneer Press

Announcements December 10, 2018

Mary Kate Hipp, PR/Staff Writer

1. The last day for Leo Club’s Angel Tree Drive is WEDNESDAY.  The tree is located in the library and all you have to do is grab a tag, buy a present, and then take the present to the library.  For more information, see Mrs. Marshall. 
  2. Attention, Jonathan Alder, save someone in dire need and give the gift of life this season. The last day to sign up is Tuesday!! A single donation can save up to three lives!
  3. NHS is having a canned food drive! The fifth period class that donates the most cans wins a pizza party! The drive ends this Friday!!
  4. The Pioneer Press will be selling their Winter Print Edition during each study hall and/or lunch period until the start of winter break!  Bring $5 and the tea is all yours!
  5.  Science Club will hold its next meeting on Friday, December 14th after school in Mrs. Calland’s room. We will have a hot chocolate social and some holiday-themed science!
  6. Any student interested in taking the ACT Test Prep Class for the February ACT, registration forms and information are in the guidance area or you can see Mrs. Davis or Mrs. Wolfe.  This course will give you tips and help prepare you for the ACT. It’s great for juniors who will be taking the ACT in February. The cost is $60.00. These classes can help raise your composite score.  Classes are in January and February and the last day to register is January 4th.
  7. Jonathan Alder High School is collecting school supplies, kids clothing, and most importantly, soccer gear for a refugee camp in Ethiopia.  If you have gently used soccer gear, kids clothing, or school supplies, please bring them to Miss Dollinger this week!
  8. Pre-sale tickets will go on sale this Thursday for our boys game vs Columbus South in the Capital City Coaches for a Cure Classic to be held at Capital University on December 22nd at 4:40 pm.  Five high school games for one low price. Tickets are $8.00 here at the school and $12.00 at the door. Proceeds from these games will benefit The Cancer Society and The Columbus Boys and Girls Club.  
  9. Mr. Carpenter and Mr. Hughes’ classes are off to a good start in the canned food drive but all fifth period classes still have until this Friday the 14th to catch them and win a pizza party!

Mary Kate Hipp, PR/Staff Writer

Mary Kate Hipp is a Senior at Jonathan Alder High School. This is her first year on The Pioneer Press. She plays on the Varsity Girls Tennis Team and hopes...