Alder Girls Soccer: Senior Night

Megan Krummrey, Staff Writer, Editor

On Saturday October 11, Jonathan Alder Girls Soccer hosted Kenton Ridge at home for their 2021 Senior Night. The girls won 2-0, with both goals being scored by Senior Katie Hooley, bringing their district record to 6-9-0, and their conference record to 4-5-0. This year’s Class of 2022 has 6 seniors on the team: Elizabeth Chin, Katie Hooley, Jhesica Rauch, Emma Rector, Chloe Thomas, and Ashley Warren. There was a large celebration for the seniors before the game.

Elizabeth Chin has been playing soccer since she was 3, and has been on varsity for 1 year. She plays as a forward, and her favorite memory from soccer is “when Ashley had to drink ranch because she lost a bet.” Chin hopes to go to college and major in biology, minor in psychology, and pursue a career in the medical field. 

Katie Hooley has been playing soccer for 11 years, and has held a varsity spot for all 4 years of high school. Katie plays both attacking midfield and center forward, and her favorite memory is playing soccer all day with her friends at the freshman and sophomore team camps. She writes that her advice for incoming freshmen is ¨Don’t worry about playing times, awards, or the outcomes. Focus on your teammates and how you can support them because that’s what really matters. And work hard. If you do these, the rest will follow.” After high school, Katie plans to go to Huntington University to major in finance and play soccer. Awards she’s won for soccer include:

• All Conference 1st Team- Sophomore Year (2019)
  • All Conference Player of the Year- Junior Year (2020)
  • All Conference 1st Team- Junior Year (2020)

Jhesica Rauch has been playing soccer for 6 years, and has been on varsity for 2 years. She plays midfield. Her favorite memories include the time spent with her team off the field. When asked for her advice for future Lady Pioneers, she wrote, “don’t worry too much about the little mistakes, and enjoy the time you have with your team because it doesn’t last long.” She plans to attend Jackson College to major in engineering and play soccer after high school. 

Emma Rector has been playing soccer since elementary school, and has held a varsity spot playing midfield for 4 years. Her favorite memory from soccer is “Chloe throwing up during conditioning every year.” Her advice for future girls soccer players would be to treat the girls on the team like family. She plans to go to OSU to study criminal justice and enter the army after high school.  Her awards include:

• Most improved- Freshman Year (2018)
  • MVP- Junior Year (2020)

Chloe Thomas has been playing soccer since elementary school, and has been on varsity for 2 years. She plays midfield, and her favorite memory from soccer is “when Emma ran into a line of chairs during warmups.” Her advice for incoming players is to “not worry about what team you’re placed on, because everyone’s a part of one big team.” After high school, she plans to attend college to pursue a career as a nurse anesthesiologist. She also won the Pioneer Award in 2020, which was her freshman year.

Ashley Warren has been playing soccer since elementary school, and has held a varsity spot for 2 years. She is the varsity goalie, and her favorite memory is the Cincinnati trip the team took her sophomore year. Her advice to incoming freshmen would be to go to everything you can and put in the effort. She says, “When you put in the effort, you see improvement.” She hopes to go to college to major in psychology after high school.