Boy Bowling Strikes out London during their Senior Night

Emma Van Winkle, Staff Writer, Photography Editor

On January 27, the Jonathan Alder boys bowling team hosted London. Being one of their last home matches, the seniors were recognized and celebrated for the night. Having five seniors on the team, all of them got to bowl varsity for the night; with the boys pulling out a win with a score of 2458 to 2111. 

Dominic Dellapina has been bowling since his freshman year, lettering in bowling his junior and senior year. His biggest accomplishment is placing 3rd at a tournament his freshman year(2019). Dellapina’s favorite memory is winning the CBC championship last year (2021); he would also like to thank 2020 alumni Luke Honigford for “making bowling so special to him.” After high school he plans to attend the United States Naval Academy and major in history. 

Levi Honigford has been bowling since his freshman year, lettering in bowling since his freshman year. Some accomplishments from his bowling career include going to D2 nationals with the team freshman year (2019), bowling 278 junior year and making 2nd Team for CBC (2021), a high series of 479 senior year (2022). A piece of advice he would give to incoming freshmen is that “you’re gonna have bad days and you can’t get mad over a bad match, you just have to keep going.” Honigford plans to attend college majoring in mathematics or physics.  

John Jordan’s mom got him started at a young age–he has been bowling since he was four years old.. Bowling in many junior leagues, some tournaments and even taking trips for some off season tournaments, Jordan “[has] made friends with many great bowlers who have encouraged me to become better and take my bowling career to the next level after high school.” After high school he plans to work at Honda. 

Matthew McMillen has been bowling since his freshman year and has lettered all four years. During his junior year (2021), he earned the most improved player of the year award. McMillen has attended Tolles since his junior year, studying Firefighting and EMS. “The friends and memories made there will last [me] a lifetime,” he says. After high school, he plans to work at a local fire department doing what he loves most, serving his home town and providing aid to those who need it. 

Yannik Regele started his bowling career this year; he is an exchange student from Germany staying with Toni Arnold and Jeff Gluntz. Regele joined the bowling team because “[he] always thought bowling was a fun activity to do, and [his] friends talked [him] into trying out for the team.”  “It’s a really fun experience, being welcomed into a supportive community that encourages you to get better,” he says. After his exchange year, Regele has an idea of studying either music, journalism, or car designing in college.