The student news site of Jonathan Alder High School

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

Taylor Swift releases more information about 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

Caitlyn Feay
A colorful gradient surrounding a graphic image of Taylor Swift. Word’s are on the top of the image, saying “Taylor Swift releases more information about 1989 (Taylor’s Version)”

“1989 (Taylor’s Version)” is the next album off of Taylor Swift’s bucket list to be re-recorded. She released “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” in July, and then on August 9 announced that she was going to re-release her hit album “1989” on October 27. Most recently, she released the titles of the “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” tracks after posting the back of her album on June 5. 

The original “1989” was released in 2014, and was Swift’s first pop hit album. She used music from the 80s as inspiration, and notable hits include “Shake It Off” and “Blank Space.”

The new version will have 21 songs in total, including 5 unreleased songs “from the vault,” which are songs she created for the album, but didn’t release. Swift has done this for each of her re-released albums. For example, one of the songs from the vault for “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)” is “Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version) [From the Vault].” 

For “1989,” Swift created a vault puzzle with Google that unlocked after 33 million puzzles were solved.  The puzzles launched on September 20, and fans had solved it by the next day to reveal four titles:.  “Is it over now?”, “Now that we don’t talk”, “Say don’t Go”, and “Suburban Legends.”  

Swift released colorful CDs to be pre-ordered for a limited time after the announcement. The singer started releasing different colored vinyls that correspond to the CD’s. As of this article, every color has been released. 

On Swift’s previous re-releases, she would collaborate with multiple different artists. For example, in her re-record “Red (Taylor’s Version)” she collaborated with Chris Stapelton in her song “I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault].” So, fans started speculating that a collaboration will be happening with some artists. 

One popular speculation was about the band “1975” and lead singer Matty Healy being on the album but a representative of Swift shut down these rumors in this billboard article.  

Another rumor that has been yet to be confirmed or denied yet, is about singer Harry Styles getting featured on the song. Swift and Styles were dating during this album which caused fans to speculate if she will feature him on any songs, specifically another one of her hit songs’ “Style” that fans believe is about Styles. When Swift announced to her fans that she was going to re-record 1989, she truly showed that it’s not just her fans who are overjoyed by the announcement. “It fills me with such excitement to announce that my version of it [1989] will be out October 27th,” she wrote on social media August 10. “To be perfectly honest, this is my most FAVORITE re-record I’ve ever done.”