The student news site of Jonathan Alder High School

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

JAHS track dominates at final regular season meet

Senior+Allie+Piccolantonio+leaps+over+the+hurdle.+
Maddie Saiter
Senior Allie Piccolantonio leaps over the hurdle.

Jonathan Alder track and field dominated at the London track meet last Thursday. 

Girls especially excelled in throwing and brought home a win with an overwhelming gap in the score, with Alder girls scoring 159 points and the second place team, Madison-Plains, scoring 42 points. 

Boys track also performed well, placing 1st and scoring an overwhelming 115 points. For reference the 2nd place team scored 86.

The team win was a result of athletes across all grades competing. Senior Allie Piccolantonio says, “A lot of our underclassmen had the chance to compete.” It’s important for underclassmen to get a taste of what an invitational meet will look like as the team looks towards future seasons.

Senior Cameron Jewell competes in the 100m, 4×1, 200m, and 4×4 events and finished off the season earning CBC Boys Track player of the year. His accomplishments are just part of the accomplishments of the whole team. “The team has done really well so far,” Jewell says. “A lot of us are seeded to go far in the tournament.”

The tournament for both boys and girls begins on May 14. The full schedule is here.