Alder Boys Soccer: Senior Night

Megan Krummrey, Staff Writer, Editor

On Monday, October 11, Jonathan Alder Boys Soccer hosted Kenton Ridge at Home for their Senior Night. The team tied with a score of 2-2, with sophomore Connor Boggs and senior Roman Van Rookhuizen both scoring. This updated their record to 3-3-3 in the conference, and 5-7-3 overall. The team this year has 5 seniors: Jacob Brandel, Dominic Dellapina, Levi Honigford, Ethan Troyer, and Roman Van Rookhuisen. There was a small celebration for the seniors before the game started.

Jacob Brandel has been playing soccer for 6 years, and this is his first year on varsity. He plays wing forward, and his favorite memories are the summer camp out and the bus rides home from games. After high school, he hopes to go to college to get a software degree, or enter the Marines and do something software related.

Dominic Dellapina has been playing soccer for 11 years, and has held the spot of varsity goalie for 1. His favorite memory is Saturday morning goalie practice, and writes that his advice for incoming freshmen is to remember that “you’re only as strong as your weakest link.” Dellapina was a varsity co-capitan this year, and has plans to enter the United States Naval Academy to major in History.

Levi Honigford has been playing soccer since he was 4, and has been on varsity for 1 year. He plays defense. His favorite memory is during sophomore tryouts, when fellow teammate Kent Gingerich ran back to finish the Cooper Test with him, pushing him to run faster, despite being worn out. He plans to go to college and major in theoretical physics or mathematics. 

Ethan Troyer has been playing soccer since he was 5, and has been on varsity for 1 year. His position on the team is outside midfield. His favorite soccer memory is when he got to play goalie in the EIS tournament this summer and save a penalty kick. He writes that his advice would be, “enjoy it while you can. It goes by fast.” After high school, Troyer plans to enter the workforce as an electrician. 

Roman Van Rookhuizen has been playing soccer for 9 years, and because this is his first year in the United States as an exchange student, it is also his first year on varsity. His favorite memory is “scoring the cheekiest chips you’ll ever see,” and has really enjoyed getting to know the boys on the team. After high school, Van Rookhuizen plans to go to the University of Amsterdam to study clinical psychology.