The student news site of Jonathan Alder High School

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

The Pioneer Press

PCN Opens in Plain City

Paige
PCN Owner, Hayley Jaskiewicz poses for her picture in front of the photo wall.

With nutrition shops seemingly popping up all over Columbus in cities like Dublin, Hilliard, and Upper Arlington, it’s only fitting that Plain City gets a taste of the latest craze. 

Plain City Nutrition is a beverage shop located at 160 W Main Street. Their products include a wide variety of teas and shakes containing proteins and caffeine boosters.

PCN is owned by JAHS alumni Hayley Jaskiewicz (‘21). She explains that she never pictured herself owning a business but now opening one has changed her for the better.

“Honestly I wasn’t a huge people-person. I really struggled talking to other people. Once I graduated I went on to college and then just realized it wasn’t for me. And then I found this business and it opened me up as a person. Not only just being able to talk to somebody but also emotionally and being part of a community.”

Jaskiewicz shares that she “fell in love” with the idea of the nutritional drink business when traveling with her friends. She felt that there is no better place to open a business than in her hometown of Plain City.

“I visited one of these clubs in Louisiana with one of my friends after I graduated and just fell in love with it. So I came back here and I visited some other ones and fell in love with another nutrition club in Dublin which is kinda where I learned all this. And I realized that I wanted to open one up. And thought Plain City could use something like this.”

The process of opening the business took about a year. First, Jaskiewicz had to find a location in Plain City, go through the renovations, and create a menu that customers will enjoy. 

The renovations started in March of 2023, according to Jaskiewicz, and they opened in June of the same year.

”It was pretty difficult honestly, when we first started renovations. I mean the floors were dirt and rock, the walls were plastered with drywall, and then there was still half a brick wall when we started.” she says.“So we had to pour all the concrete, we had to scrape every single one of these bricks to get all the plaster off then we had to seal them. But we basically built everything in here so that was a lot of work.”

Renovations aside, some new items can be expected to be added to the menu. This includes greens being added to shakes and seasonal beverages like immunity boosters for winter colds.

As a final note from Jaskiewicz to anyone looking to open their own business, she says, ”Honestly if you’re wanting to open up a business as long as you’re passionate about it just go for it. I’m definitely not one of those people that school was for and that’s fine. Just have faith and people will support you. Plain City is a small town that wants to support one another. So don’t be scared to reach out and ask for help or just do something you want to do as long as you’re passionate about it.”