Alder Boys Golf: Senior Night

Emma Van Winkle, Staff Writer, Photography Editor

The Jonathan Alder Boys Golf team had their last home match and senior night on Thursday, September 16th; they played both Shawnee and Tecumseh. The team had gone undefeated in their conference the entire season and this match just added another win to the roster. Sophomore Brady Fox, and seniors Brandon Gargac and Nick Sowers lead the team that night in scores. Having two seniors on the team led to a short and sweet celebration. 

Brandon Gargac has been on the boys golf team for 4 years, holding a varsity spot for 2 years. “I would say my favorite memory from golf isn’t from a match, but afterwards when we would all go out to eat,” he says. He plans on attending a college that has a strong aviation program, and join the U.S ROTC program at the college. His plan is to become a B-52 Bomber pilot and a commercial pilot. Awards that he’s earned for golf include:

• Next Shot Award for Sportsmanship JAHS- sophomore year
  • 2nd Team CBC- junior year 
  • Sportsmanship CBC- junior year
  • 1st Team Madison County- junior year
  • 2nd Team CBC- senior year 
  • 1st Team Madison County- senior year

Nick Sowers has been on the boys golf team for 4 years, holding a varsity spot for 2 years. His advice for incoming freshmen on the team is “Don’t get down on yourself too much and just have fun with the game. I realize that golf is just a game and that sometimes you have a bad match.” He plans on attending college and majoring in economics, wanting to do something in the business world. 

• Next Shot Award for Sportsmanship JAHS- junior year
  • 1st Madison County- junior year