JAHS students get asked to Homecoming

submitted

Aaron Kasear, senior

Kaylie McDonald, Tech Editor

There are many memorable moments in a person’s life: the day they get their first car, the day they get their first job, the day they get married, and even the day they were asked to Homecoming. Jonathan Alder couples battle it out to see who can ask their significant other to Homecoming in the most creative way. Some proposals lead to a new friendship and/or relationship with their creativity.

Sophomore Rylee Griffin asked junior Julie Jakse to Homecoming by writing “Hope you look this good at homecoming” on a poster and giving her a rose. Griffin had Jakse’s friends send him candid photos of her, and he put them on the poster board, which he then placed in her car. After her volleyball game, he went to her car with her and said, “Wow! What is in your car?”

Others believe the best way to their significant other’s heart is through their stomach. Senior Aaron Kaeser asked senior Reign Yoder to Homecoming by getting a poster that looked like aluminum foil, writing “It would be burritoful if you went to homecoming with me” and buying her Chipotle. Yoder explained, “He got it from Twitter, but last year he bought me a bunny.”

Sophomore Ethan Gordin asked fellow sophomore Rachel Kaeser to Homecoming for the second year in a row. This year, Gordin and Kaeser went to the movies to see The Visit and while Kaeser was enjoying her popcorn, she felt something that didn’t seem like popcorn. Instead of a piece of popcorn, she found a paper that said, “Homecoming?”

With Homecoming season coming to a close, the proposals may be ending but the relationships stemmed from them may be growing.

Rylee Griffin, Julie Jakse
submitted
Rylee Griffin, sophomore, Julie Jakse, junior
Ethan Gordin, sophomore Rachel Kasear, sophomore
submitted