“The Pioneer Press” introduces Michael Grant

senior, Michael Grant

Kayla Fredendall

senior, Michael Grant

Kaylie McDonald, Tech Editor

The 2015-2016  school year is senior Michael Grant’s first year attending Jonathan Alder High School. Grant recently moved from Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Plain City, Ohio. He previously attended Jarvis Collegiate Institute and Father Leo J Austin.

Grant , or as junior Colton Swick and senior Max Johnson call him, “Big Mike” or “Mike,” stated, “The school was very welcoming; people adapted to me very quickly. I like all the teachers and I like how everyone is friendly and smiles at me in the hallways.” Grant also mentioned, “Max Johnson is my best friend at Alder and he welcomed me and introduced me to most of the seniors. He also invited me to hang out outside of school and I’m thankful for that because now I know someone who has almost the same taste in music as I do.”

Grant  previously worked at Tim Hortons but  is currently unemployed. He enjoys playing basketball and pitching for baseball. He also enjoys playing catch with his brother and spending time with his sister-in-law’s younger siblings.

Grant misses his friends in Canada but still keeps in touch with them as often as possible. He misses the city because he had a great view and could easily walk to the mall with his friends. Though Grant misses certain things from his hometown, he enjoys the new adventures Plain City brings upon him.