Colleges snag Jonathan Alder girls to play

senior, Natalie Regula signs with Findlay

Kaylie McDonald, Tech Editor

senior, Karlee Reynolds signs with Morehead
senior, Katie Smith signs with Marshall
senior, Katie Smith signs with Marshall

This 2015-2016 year, Natalie Regula, Katie Smith and Karlee Reynolds all proudly signed with a college to continue their volleyball careers.

Senior Natalie Regula recently signed with the University of Findlay as an addition to their volleyball team.  Regula’s choices were The University of Findlay, Mount Vernon University and Heidelberg University. Regula had a tough time deciding, but she stated, “I made my decision when the coach called and offered me about a week before I signed. I knew it was the right place for me, and I was very excited to have been offered to play there.” If Regula had to choose her major right this second, she would choose Sports and Event Management, but she says she is not yet  sure what her major will be. Regula also explained, “I am a little nervous just because it is a whole different level, and I don’t know anyone yet but I’m more excited than nervous. I really like the coach and his style of coaching. The campus is very nice and the dorms are a good size. The food is really good as well. The people that I have met so far are very friendly too.”

Senior Katie Smith signed with Marshall University to participate in their volleyball program. Smith decided between Eastern Michigan University, Winthrop University, Troy University, IPFW and a few more. Smith explained that choosing where you are going to continue your education for the next four years is a very scary process, but it wasn’t a hard decision because she loved the school the second she saw it. “I decided based on instinct. I visited Marshall’s campus and knew that I loved it there. I liked the people, the food, the facilities and it just felt right,” Smith stated. Smith plans on majoring in Graphic Design. She also explained, “I am so excited to be going to college there. It’s not too far (three hours) but not so close that my parents can be there 24/7! But I am extremely nervous. It is really strange to think that I am going to be completely on my own now, but it’s also really exciting! I really love the coaches and training staff there!”

Senior Karlee Reynolds decided to further her volleyball career at Morehead State University. Reynolds decided between Morehead State University, Bowling Green University and Ohio University. Reynolds stated, “I made my decision by looking at the differences in the coaches, the campus and the distance from home.” Reynolds has no idea what she plans to major in, but she is super excited and nervous about playing volleyball at a more intense level.

These girls have a lot in store for them. Support from many people will help for their journey ahead of them.