Jonathan Alder Schools Are Now In Person Full Time

Students+at+Jonathan+Alder+High+School.++

Students at Jonathan Alder High School.

Morgan Liening, Staff Writer

After a long school year of switching between online learning and hybrid learning, Jonathan Alder High School is back to full-time in-person instruction. 

On the Jonathan Alder website, the district writes about going back 5 days a week in person and what that looked like for all the schools in the Jonathan Alder District.

We are pleased to welcome back our PK-4th grade students returning five days per week to full-time, in-person education beginning Tuesday, February 16.”  They write in an update posted on their website. “In addition, we are planning Thursday, February 25, for students in grades 9-12 attending Jonathan Alder High School to return five days per week to full-time, In-person education.“

Along with how the PK-4th grade students returned to school full-time successfully on February 16th, the School District also talked about how the Middle School and Junior High School went back full-time. 

“Based on the positive trends that we are seeing in the county and our district we are working to accelerate our 5-8 grade students’ return to full-time instruction.  The County Health Department has agreed to evaluate the current operating guidelines specific to social distancing in our schools and these restrictions may be stepped back effective March 1.  As a result, we are planning on our students in grades 5-8 at Canaan Middle School and Jonathan Alder Junior High returning five days per week to full-time, In-person education on Thursday, March 4.” They Said.

Many students and teachers are excited to be back full-time because it provides a better learning experience. On the other hand, some students have mixed feelings about the whole situation because it will be hard to adapt to the new schedule. 

Freshman Abby Bush talks about her feelings about being back in school full-time. 

“I have mixed emotions with going back full time because although now I get to see all my friends, I just hope we can all stay safe and healthy,“ she says.

Bush says there are other positive things about going back to school 5 days a week.

“I don’t have as much at-home work which is super nice because it can normally get most of it done at school and be done with it,” she says. “I think overall it’ll be a good thing because now we’ll be able to learn more stuff with having more in school time.” 

Sophomore Maddie Crabtree says that not getting enough sleep is a challenge for her with the new schedule.

“First off, going back to school will be very exhausting for me, because I have to wake up at 6 am every morning and this could affect my learning because I will be more tired,”  she says.

On the other hand, being back full time also helps because students can learn more and get more work done. 

“I like being able to be back in school because I will be able to see everyone. It’s a good thing that we are back because things are starting to open up and slowly becoming normal again,” Crabtree says. “We have been online so for long it might take a while to get used to going 5 days a week. But being back will help me learn better because it will be easier for teachers to explain things and I can get more stuff done.” 

Despite the drawbacks of getting used to a new schedule and sleeping schedule, Bush says it is worth it in the long run.

“Being at school full time will definitely be a change but in the end, I think it’ll be worth it in the end, because we’ll be able to learn more content,” Bush says.