New technology appears in Alder schools

Riley Gruenbaum, School News Editor

Jonathan Alder High School, as well as the elementaries and middle school, have recently received new technology and technological advancements to pre-existing computers. This year, Alder has received subscriptions to Actively Learn which were paid for through student fees, more Chromebooks, and access to the Canvas Learning Management System.

English teacher Stephanie Tindberg states, “With the new Chromebooks, I am able to create more interactive lessons where students can work at their own pace and have access to limitless resources. This is great for me as a teacher, because I can check in with individual students because they’re having fun, setting their own pace, and learning!”

The software updates to the teachers’ computers allow them to get into necessary websites with less effort. This creates more time for the teachers to be helping and teaching their students, rather than wasting time trying to open something on their computer.

Along with the new technology, teachers are also beginning to make Twitter accounts to show off their students and to have an easy way to give out necessary information. Junior Austin Fooce states, “It is very helpful for the teachers to be creating Twitter accounts because it’s a creative way of getting information out to the students. Because many students are on Twitter daily anyways, it is easy access to assignment updates and information in which the teachers post.” Students receiving information through social media is fun for the students as well as the teacher.