NHS continues to grow

Logan Woods, Ad manager

Being inducted into National Honor Society is a goal many students aspire to achieve during their four years at Jonathan Alder High School. National Honor Society, or NHS, is an organization of students who participate in volunteer activities and who try to represent their school in a positive manner.

Spanish teacher and National Honor Society adviser Lindsay Dollinger is excited about her fourth year of being in charge of Alder’s NHS. Dollinger stated, “It’s so nice to get to work with a motivated and gifted group of young people.” Dollinger also mentioned, “NHS’s core values are scholarship, leadership, service and character.  One must display all those characteristics, have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, and be a junior or senior.” A select few Jonathan Alder staff members choose what students get into NHS every year. They base their decisions on the qualifications of student’s applications and their hard work inside and outside of the classroom.

The National Honor Society senior officers this year are: President Jonathan Peters; Vice-President Jenna Mink; Treasurer Zeke Thorpe; Secretary Katie Davis; and Historian Shannon Kirkey. So far this year, NHS has been successful in their bake sale and car wash fundraisers.

One of the major changes coming to the Nation Honor Society this year is that they will be doing fall inductions to give current seniors that are not in NHS currently, the opportunity to get into NHS. This will give new inductees the chance to participate in the various activities and fundraisers NHS will hold throughout the year.