Girls’ basketball breaks losing streak

Tori Walker, Billing Manager

1. The Lady Pioneers started their week out on Wednesday, January 27 against the girls of North Union. Right off the backt it was not looking good for the Lady Pioneers. North Union came out strong, scoring nine points in the two minutes.  The Lady Pioneers did not have it in them to make a comeback. They finished the game with a final score of 30 to 41.

After suffering a five game losing streak, the Lady Pioneers finally pulled through for a win. Best of all, the victory was on their senior night against Buckeye Valley. The Lady Pioneers came out pumped and ready to play. They won three out of the four quarters for an overall game victory and a final score of 44 to 24.

The winning did not stop there. The girls made the journey up to Galion High School on February 6. It seemed as if everything came naturally to the Lady Pioneers. The Lady Pioneers kept their amount of turnovers under ten and ended with another victory. The final score was 58 to 30.

On February 9, yet another victory came for the Lady Pioneers. They faced the girls of Horizon Science Academy. This game came easy for the Pioneers with a whopping final score of 78 to 16. Hopefully the winning continues as the Lady Pioneers prepare for the upcoming tournament.

The Lady Pioneers were seeded 12 out of 21 teams for this year’s OHSAA tournament. They will play the girls of Licking Valley for a sectional championship. The Lady Pioneers are the higher seed,; therefore, they will have home court advantage. The game will take place on Monday, February 15,; tipoff will be at 6 pm.