JAHS cheerleaders compete in state championship

Jenna Mink, Editor

On Sunday, March 6 the Jonathan Alder High School competition cheerleaders had their final competition for the 2015-2016 season. The cheerleaders competed for the Division III state title at St. John Arena around 11am. The JAHS competition cheer team not only faced injuries as obstacles this year but also limited time and space for practicing.

When it came to awards, the JAHS competition cheerleaders were awarded Division III State Runner-Up. When asked what her feelings were when she heard the news, senior Morgan Sarver explained, “Honestly I started crying just as they started announcing the top five. I felt in my heart that we for sure got second, and it felt good knowing that my team has made it so far and done so well.”

In the end Saint Clairsville High School, their biggest rival, won the Division III State Champion title. Sarver stated, “I can’t think of much I would change. I worked hard for my team and they worked hard too. There was nothing we specifically could have done to beat Saint Clairsville. We put our best routine on the mat, and that’s all you can ask out of your team,” when asked if there was anything she would change about this season. Though the season is now over, many of the cheerleaders feel confident that they gave it their all and can’t wait to do it again next year.