Q&A With Hannah Yates

Morgan Liening, Staff Writer

Hannah Yates is currently a sophomore at Jonathan Alder High School who is also a member of the track team. She shares her experiences being a new teammate and also offers some insight as to how her first season is going.

Q: How’s your day going?

A: My day is going great.

Q: What is your favorite place that you’ve ever traveled? 

A: I have many favorites, probably Michigan, Tennessee, or Florida. I love Florida because the beach is one of my favorite places to be. Michigan is really pretty because of the lakes and sand dunes. Tennessee has really good hiking.

Q: What’s the last song you listened to or movie you watched?

A: The last song I listened to was “Nothing Else” by Cody Carnes. The last movie I watched was Breaking Dawn Part 1, which is part of the Twilight series. 

Q: If money wasn’t an issue, what would you want to do professionally? 

A: Probably be a professional traveler or adventurer because I love going on adventures and exploring.

Q: What are you passionate about? 

A: I am passionate about Jesus. He is an amazing God and I love him beyond measure! I am passionate about my family, friends, pets, nature, adventures, traveling, music, sports, learning, reading, and art. 

Q: How is your track season going so far?

A: My season has been fun so far, but recently it’s been rough because of my shin splints. 

Q: Since it’s your first time doing track in high school, how is it different from track at the junior high school? 

A: Track in high school is different because the workouts are much harder. Junior high track was definitely easier.  

Q: What do you like about track? 

A: I love getting to spend time with friends, while getting in a good workout, building speed, and getting stronger. Also, it’s fun when the sun is shining! Track is a blast, especially competing in races. 

Q: What events do you do? 

A:  I do sprints, relays, and hurdles. I don’t like to run long distances super fast, so sprints are more fun for me. Hurdles are also really fun. 

Q: How would you describe track to someone interested in joining?

A: Track is a great activity to be involved in, because you get to have fun with friends, compete in races, and have the opportunity to do many different events such as sprinting, long distance, relays, throwing, pole vault, high jump, long jump, and hurdles.